Sunday, October 13, 2013

Take Home Bible Study for Week 5


                        “PICTURE IT” 
             BIBLE STUDY METHOD  
Try to imagine the scene in your own mind.  See yourself as the active participants.  Ask yourself, ”How would I feel if I was that character? What would I think, feel, say or do?

1.      READ THE FOLLOWING PASSAGE TWO TIMES, TRYING TO IMAGINE YOURSELF AS EACH OF THE TWO SISTERS. Luke 10:38-42   As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

2.     NEXT, ASK YOURSELF ,”WITH WHOM IN THE STORY DO I IDENTIFY MOST?

                                      Circle one :         Martha        Mary  

3.      HOW  DOES YOUR LIFE SITUATION COMPARE TO THAT OF THE CHARCTER, WHOM YOU CHOSE IN #2?
_____________________________________________________________________________
     
              ____________________________________________________________________________________

              _____________________________________________________________________________________

       
4.        IDENTIFY ONE THING THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS STORY. KNOWING OF GOD’S GREAT LOVE FOR YOU SHOWN IN JESUS CHRIST (John 3:36), WHAT LESSON IS GOD TRYNG TO TEACH YOU INTHIS PASSAGE?





5.       APPLY IT. DO IT.  HOW DOES THIS PASSAGE APPLY TO YOUR LIFE?
                          Check appropriate responses as apply to you.
_____  I  (or ‘My spouse and me” or “My family and me” or “Fr. John & I” need to examine my priorities in my life, because I feel off balance.
_____I need to attend Sunday services on a more regular basis. 
_____I need to read the Bible on a more regular basis . [Note:  Bible study guides will be made available on Oct. 27].
_____I am really sort of lazy.  I need to pray to God, asking for his help, at least for 2 to 3 minutes every day.
_____Other :_______________________________________________________

6.       PRAY IT  Dear  Father God, thank you for speaking to me in this bible story. I do want to be closer to you. Empower me to make time for you, because I love you, Jesus Christ, and I value your spiritual companionship  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment